Works autonomously and acts as a senior providing professional advice, managing and/or coordinating the work of others. Maintains the status of projects and monitors the activities of team members, leading Quality Assurance projects using available test frameworks and tools and establishing project plans with on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Leads multiple phases of a project and/or multiple projects of moderate scope and sometimes complex assignments.
- Responsible for managing own and team's time within a certain test area and conditions withrespect to analysis and design, implementation and system integration, execution as well as results evaluation, problem resolution and planning.
- Assures the project team meets quality standards by allocating work and providing guidance in planning, designing, executing testing, and developing procedures relating to product quality.
- Participates in formal reviews of business requirements and application designs and ensures proper test coverage based on requirements and design specifications.
- Talks to relevant business stakeholders on strategies and methods to improve test plans and processes. Has an understanding of the overall test strategy.
- Leads the test execution and creation of scripts as per test plans, co-ordinating schedules, work and resource plans; leading the progress of all activities against the overall plan.
- Determines the potential causes of problems and analyses multiple alternatives, risks, and benefits for a range of potential solutions. Translates these to best practices.
- Analyses and reports on overall test status and results, identifying issues and reporting to relevant stakeholders, manages risks to the success of the project.
- Identifies and manages the critical path of testing and ensures execution of project regression tasks. Defines regression tests for future projects and defines and co-ordinates production verification and validation.
- Develops a network to support and add value to client engagements including company, clients and external professional networks.
- Supports test management in developing project plans and tracking against key milestone dates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- ISTQB Advanced
- Additional course or certification in Quality Assurance (Preferred)
- Has achieved trusted advisor status at a senior level with the client.
- Excellent client-facing skills, takes time to establish underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed.
- Has an innovative approach, develops new approaches to improve or replace existing procedures or systems.
- Excellent communication skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
- Intermediate theoretical knowledge in quality assurance methodologies and has awareness of new and emerging technologies and developments.
- Has good applications/technology knowledge, building on specialist domain knowledge and has practical experience of and is proficient with testing tools and frameworks required to deliver.
- Strong understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning.
- Proven ability in assuring project meets quality standards by providing technical guidance in planning, designing, executing testing, and developing procedures relating to product quality.
- Experience in applying problem-solving methodologies and tools to diagnose and solve operational and interpersonal problems.
- Experience in being responsible for directing and monitoring the work of team members and providing guidance and training to enable others.
- Good people-leading skills, experience of introducing and building ways in which people can learn from each other. Encourages mentoring and the transfer of knowledge by designing and delivering learning interventions.
- Renowned as an effective coach and sounding board. Experience in leading and managing others, offering the appropriate balance of supervision and
- Good self management, takes on high commitments and works to achieve results. Keeps momentum going over time despite setbacks, shows resilience in the face of challenges and looking for ways to beat previous standards.
- Experience in managing upwards with multiple people, gaining their trust quickly.
- Ability to manage own expenses and ensure adherence of others to the expense policy.
- No specific budget assigned.