Works independently taking full responsibility for a certain area. Works on Development projects using available frameworks and tools and establishing plans for projects with on-time and on-budget project goals. Primary role in Development in the areas of building and working on enterprise grade software systems, in line with agreed plans and strategies.
- Works on multiple phases of a project and/or multiple small projects of moderate scope and sometimes complex assignments.
- Takes responsibility for a certain area and conditions as well as creating or modifying existing code to add new features and improve performance.
- Selects appropriate standards, methods, tools and applications for project use. Participates in peer reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Designs, codes and documents simple programs or scripts and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered system
- Co-ordinates the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, and estimates, conducting research to define problems and preparing responses to anticipated questions.
- Designs, develops, and unit tests applications in accordance with established standards.
- Prepares reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage and work processes whilst following the software development lifecycle.
- Accurately identifies project risks and reports effectively to relevant stakeholders. Manages issues, risks, actions, dependencies, and defects to the success of the project.
- Maintains the status of the project and provides guidance to the work of junior team members. Works across teams to achieve group goals.
- Professional attitude, has developed a reputation as a trusted advisor.
- Good client-facing skills, experience in developing partnerships with the team and client and collaborating with others to exceed client expectations.
- Good problem solving skills, has experience in proposing different options and solutions for approaching and resolving issues.
- Adaptable and responds positively to changing business issues, sees change as an opportunity to improve performance.
- Excellent communication skills, adapts style accordingly and demonstrates an understanding of the audience’s perspective. Uses discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- Intermediate theoretical knowledge in development methodologies and has awareness of opportunities provided by new and emerging technologies and products.
- Has good applications/technology knowledge, building on specialist domain knowledge and has practical experience of development tools and platforms required to deliver.
- Good understanding of system architecture. Has experience in at least one development language and discipline, comfortable with basic SQL.
- Good development/scripting skills in common languages such as VB, JAVA, PERL, C++.
- Good knowledge on Cloud concepts and virtualisation.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and relational database design and querying concepts.
- Familiar with version control concepts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET development using C#.
- Knowledge of client/server application development and unit testing theory.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Good people skills, with experience in supporting others in raising their performance and working out their development goals.
- Experience in supporting team success and motivating others to keep morale and performance high.
- Good self management. Can set and work to quantified goals and standards. Delivers by being aware of and considering the commercial impacts.
- Must be flexible, independent and self motivated.
- Ability to manage own expenses and adhere to the expense policy.
- No specific budget assigned.