Works autonomously and acts as a senior providing professional advice, managing and/or coordinating the work of others. Maintains the status of project and monitors the activities of team members, leading Development projects using available frameworks and tools and establishing project plans with on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Leads multiple phases of technical areas within a project and/or multiple small projects of moderate scope and sometimes complex assignments. Responsible for managing own and team's time within a certain area and conditions.
- Assures the project team meets quality standards by providing technical guidance in planning, designing, executing testing, and developing procedures relating to product quality.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Develops information systems by studying operations and designing, developing, and installing software solutions. Supports and develops the software team.
- Writes high quality scripts in a chosen tool, co-ordinating schedules, work and resource plans, and leading the progress of all activities against overall plan.
- Provides information by collecting, analysing, and summarising development and service issues. Conducts research to define problems and prepares responses to anticipated questions.
- Follows good software engineering practices like version control, code-reviews, test-driven development and continuous integration.
- Adheres to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Accurately identifies project risks and reports effectively to relevant stakeholders.
- Analyses and resolves technical and application problems. Provides detailed advice to the team regarding the application of technologies.
- Develops a network to support and add value to client engagements including company, clients and external professional networks.
- Has achieved trusted advisor status at a senior level with the client.
- Excellent client-facing skills, takes time to establish underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed.
- Has an innovative approach, develops new approaches to improve or replace existing procedures or systems.
- Excellent communication skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
- Intermediate theoretical knowledge in development methodologies and awareness of opportunities provided by new and emerging technologies and products.
- Good applications/technology knowledge, building on specialist domain knowledge and has practical experience of development tools and platforms required to deliver.
- Experience in designing, coding, testing and correcting scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well engineered result.
- Excellent development/scripting skills in common languages like VB, JAVA, PERL, C++ and technical expertise in script languages (Shell, Perl, etc.).
- Strong knowledge on Cloud concepts and virtualisation. Hands on experience in Linux and virtualisation environments (KVM, Xen, OpenStack, VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V).
- Sound knowledge on platform virtualisation. Good hold on concepts like Hypervisor, VMs, Virtio, Intel VT-X, SR-IOV.
- Expertise on SQL database and handling queries.
- Should have expert knowledge of DBMS and SQL. Comfortable writing and analysing SQL queries.
- Expert in Microsoft.NET development using C#.
- Hands on experience of client/server application development.
- Strong C programming and OS concepts, design and problem solving skills and in-depth
knowledge in advanced data structures and algorithms.
- Good working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases.
- Performance optimization, SQL tuning, caching techniques is a plus.
- Experience in providing technical guidance to enable others and solving technical queries from
- Good people-leading skills, with experience of introducing and building ways in which people can learn from each other. Encourages mentoring and the transfer of knowledge by designing and delivering learning interventions.
- Renowned as an effective coach and sounding board.
- Experience in leading and managing others, offering the appropriate balance of supervision and empowerment.
- Good self management. Takes on high commitments and works to achieve results. Keeps momentum going over time despite setbacks, showing resilience in the face of challenges and looking for ways to beat previous standards.
- Experience in managing upwards with multiple people, gaining their trust quickly.
- Experience in being responsible for directing and monitoring the work of team members and providing guidance and training to enable others.
- Ability to manage own expenses and ensure adherence of others to the expense policy.
- No specific budget assigned.