Works independently taking full responsibility for a certain area within Business Analysis. Primary role in Business Analysis acting as a key interface between the technical project team and user communities. This position serves as a liaison between the technical team and subject matter experts/end users.
- Works on multiple phases of a project and/or multiple small projects of moderate scope and sometimes complex assignments.
- Applies standards and methodologies, provides expertise and support on use of methods and tools.
- Responsible for needs analysis, project or task planning, process/data analysis and modelling and/or logical database design.
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
- Identifies and assesses risks to the success of the project. Agrees the project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracking activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifying potential benefits and available options for consideration.
- Produces specific business cases and scenarios and defines and documents system acceptance criteria.
- Defines routine, integrated processes and documents using basic formal process charting
- Works on formal requirements gathering and documentation. Assists in the collection of functional and technical requirements and in the development of design documents.
- Works on projects using available frameworks and tools and establishes plans for projects with on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Maintains the status of projects and provides guidance to the work of junior team members. Works across teams to achieve group goals.
- Test coverage analysis, risk prioritisation, analysis of defect trends, and identification of risks associated with issues identified in the project.
- Prepares project scope. Provides inputs to test strategy and approach.
- Preparation of training material for the team and vertical practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Business Analysis
- Additional course or certification in Business Analysis (Preferred)
- Professional attitude, has developed a reputation as a trusted advisor.
- Good client-facing skills, experience in developing partnerships with the team and client and collaborating with others to exceed client expectations.
- Good problem solving skills, has experience in proposing different options and solutions for approaching and resolving issues.
- Adaptable and responds positively to changing business issues, sees change as an opportunity to improve performance.
- Excellent communication skills, adapts style accordingly and demonstrates an understanding of the audience’s perspective. Uses discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- Intermediate theoretical knowledge in business analysis methodologies and has awareness of new and emerging technologies and developments.
- Has good applications/technology knowledge, building on specialist domain knowledge and has practical experience of tools and frameworks required to deliver.
- Good understanding of the business analysis lifecycle including working knowledge of requirements elicitation, structured analysis, stakeholder management, use case definition and other Business Analysis techniques.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel and working knowledge of PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of iterative development process and object-oriented, multi-platform projects.
- A proven record in analysing data and effectively presenting to clients to support proposed solutions. Able to challenge client hypotheses and solutions with robust data.
- Good people skills, with experience in supporting others in raising their performance and working out their development goals.
- Experience in supporting team success and motivating others to keep morale and performance high.
- Good self management. Can set and work to quantified goals and standards. Delivers by being aware of and considering the commercial impacts.
- Must be flexible, independent and self motivated.
- Ability to manage own expenses and adhere to the expense policy.
- No specific budget assigned.